California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA
Come and meet with colleagues from the western U.S. working on various aspects of soilborne fungal pathogens, nematodes and diseases- from the molecular to the applied. This meeting is very informal and loosely structured, allowing lots of time for discussions and interactions.
Highlights will include:
- Field trip of Santa Maria strawberry and vegetable production, Weds. March 25. Separate field trip tickets required, limited to 50.
- Social/Dinner Weds. evening March 25
- One and a half days of scientific presentations March 26-27, including keynote symposium talks by Tom Gordon and Becky Westerdahl, UC Davis, summarizing their careers and looking at the past, present and future of fungal and nematode diseases
- Meeting of the California Nematology Workgroup March 26.
- Visit San Luis Obispo Farmers Market on Thurs. evening March 26.
- Special session on strawberries, Friday, March 27.
- Student travel scholarships available- see website
Reserve your room today. See website for list of hotels nearby. We have reserved blocks with reduced rates for three hotels close to the university. Reservation deadlines are Feb. 11 and Feb. 22.
Early registration deadline is March 1, 2020. Registration and hotel information are on our web site: http://soilfungus.wsu.edu. Registration includes a social/dinner on Weds. evening and lunch on Thurs. A field trip to Santa Maria, including lunch will be on Weds. from noon-5, limited to 50 people. The field trip requires a separate ticket ($50). We have a link to pay by credit card with Eventbrite (see registration form) or checks can be sent to our treasurer Dr. Andreas Westphal, Kearney Agricultural Research & Extension Center, 9240 S Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648. 559-646-6555